Friday, May 1, 2009

Glory, where Glory is due

I am a perfect treasure. I am loved and adored. I can do no wrong. I am perfect. Wow - that was hard for me to write. How much of that do I really believe about myself? The honest and sad truth is very little.

But, all this changes when I see myself through the looking glass of Christ. God refers to me in his great Book as his Perfect Treasure. I am loved and adored by God, regardless of how ugly I can be. I can do wrong, but by the blood of Christ, I am holy and perfect in HIS eyes.

Absorbing that makes my head spin. It is too good to be true - but it is ALL right there in black in white in the Book, the Bible. If I call myself a Christian, a Believer, a Follower of Christ - then I MUST believe my initial statements to be true.

Listening to my own voice brings me down, listening to the world's perspective of me could (and has) throw me into a down right depression. But by the Grace of God and the Truth of HIS word, I can live as I don't fully understand, but choose to believe.

Have a Blessed Day - :) Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment