Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Close & Holding Tight

Close & Holding Tight



I find that when I am closest to God, He wakes me early in the morning. While the rest of my household is sleeping deeply, God awakens my soul. I know I have to be obedient to His calling, or I end up just laying there with no more rest. And, I'll have missed my divine early appointment with my Creator. I have to drag my lazy behind out of bed (I like to sleep!) and listen to what He is wanting to say to me. I need to read His word. I need to HEAR Him. I need to BE NEAR.



After reading a great book lately, the Lord reminded me of an old Hymn that I once sang in church when I was a child:



As the Deer panteth toward the water,

So my soul longeth after Thee,

For You alone are my heart's desire,

And I long to worship Thee.



God has REALLY been speaking to me lately on the importance - the insistance - of Holding Tight to Him. He seeks to keep me Close every day. And, I am choosing in obedience to stay in communion with him ALL day long. Why do I miss this mark so often? It is SO silly and ignorant! Being close to God himself - My Creator, who willingly envelopes me in his love, is where I WANT to be!



As the Hymn goes -

1. I need to PANT toward God's nearness, just as a Deer seeks her daily intake of water to sustain her life.

2. I need to LONG for God to be near, to the point that I pursue Him to envelope me in His love each moment of each day.

3. God IS my Heart's desire and I WANT to be near to Him always. There is no Peace like that of being in communion with my God.

4. I worship God as I seek Him and that pleases Him. I Love pleasing my Creator!



God - His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is pure. He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. For who is God besides the LORD? And who is a rock? Only our God. God - He clothes me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer and sets me securely on the heights.

Psalm 18:30-33



For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.

2 Chronicles 16:9



All who seek the Lord will praise Him. Their hearts will rejoice with everlasting joy.

Psalm 22:26



Dear God, forgive me for falling short so often in disobience when choosing not to stay near to You. Thank you for always accepting me back into Your loving arms that hold tight and keep me where I belong. Lord, You are my heart's desire. Let Your word remain true - that You will forever hold me near. May I always long after the Peace that fills me when I am intimately close to You! AMEN

~Jodi








No comments:

Post a Comment